Join us in celebrating our 40th anniversary in 2013! We would like to learn more about you and to share thoughts about the ceramic arts.
The Ottawa Guild of Potters is a non profit organization to further the knowledge of ceramics and support the work of area potters.
Our mandate is to:
- · Encourage the growth & development of pottery and maintain a high standard of artistic expression & craftsmanship
- · Act as a medium for the exchange of ideas & technical information
- · Organize & promote pottery exhibitions, demonstrations & workshops
- · Promote awareness & appreciation of the ceramic arts to the general public
- · Educate the public & its membership about the artistry, technology & history of the clay arts.
2012 - 2013 Executive
2012 - 2013 Committee Members
2012 - 2013 Guild Support Team
- Our Fall and Spring Sales bring as many as 70 craftspeople together. Additionally, the Spring Sale also includes a juried exhibition of original ceramics.
- Although we do not have Guild-run studio or boutique, members teach many of the courses and work in studios across the city and in the Ottawa Valley region.
- Monthly meetings bring the group together to use the extensive craft-focused library, discuss business and attend presentations on topics of current interest.
- Guild-organized workshops focus on a multiplicity of building, glazing and firing techniques to support developing potters.
- The Ottawa Guild of Potters also supports local charities in its sales as well as the incredibly successful Great Bowls of Fire, held in the Spring to support the Ottawa Food Bank.
c/o Jen Drysdale, Secretary
Ottawa Guild of Potters
P.O. Box 4053, St. "E"
Guild Information Line
To submit information for the newsletter, by the Sunday following the monthly Guild meeting, contact us at newsletter(at)ottawaguildofpotters(dot)ca