Fired Up! February 2011 vol. 2, no. 7
Mono-printing Workshop with Marie Hennessey
Mono-printing on Clay - Guild Members Workshop
with Marie Hennessey
Date: March 12, 2011
Time: 10 am – 1pm
1. Write a check for $15 to the Ottawa Guild Of Potters.
2. Please include your email address and your home phone number.
2. Mail to Cathy Payne, 55 Maxwell Rd., Chelsey Q.C. J9B 2H4.
3. Your place will be confirmed by Cathy when she receives your cheque.
Location: The Firehall (Old Ottawa South Community Center)
260 Sunnyside Ave. 613-247-4946
This workshop will demonstrate some of the printmaking techniques developed by potter Mitch Lyon using a clay base and colored slips, familiar materials to the potter. The result is a single two dimensional print ready to display.
Marie will share the basic set up and different applications.
You will have an initial talk and demonstration, then time to play and create your own print to take home.
Things to bring:
1) A leather hard stoneware slab on a board. Apx. 81/2” x 11”
2) Favorite brushes and empty squeeze bottles/slip trailers
Marie will provide coloured slips and other supplies including the textile for pulling the print.