The OGP is pleased to be running our first Virtual Juried Exhibition. This exhibit is likely your best opportunity as a local potter to show and sell your work this year. With this being a virtual exhibition, and further complicated by it being held during a pandemic, the process is somewhat different from our previous events.
Please note that only OGP members in good standing are eligible to apply to participate in the Exhibition. If you are not yet a member but would like to be part of this exciting opportunity, please go to our membership application page: "How to Join" . If you are a lapsed member and want to participate in the exhibition, the membership team is available to process your renewal via the same web link.
Guidelines and Process Descriptions
- Virtual Exhibition & Sale Guidelines
- Virtual Exhibition & Sale Online Form Process
- Virtual Exhibition & Sale Profile Update Process
The usual OGP standards apply.
Submissions open in ...
Submissions will be open at 9:00 am November 8 and close at 11:59 pm November 19.
- The Application must be filled out and submitted online
- The online form will only be available during the window for submissions
- The online form will only be open to members in good standing
- The online form will ask for a File Upload of images of your submitted items.
- FYI - here is a PDF preview of the online form: PREVIEW of Application Form
Questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terminology: There are 3 different places on the OGP web site where your information and photos could be stored:
- As an OGP member, you already have an Account Profile on the web site where you can keep your email ID up to date and add a couple of photos: A “profile” photo and a “cover” photo.
- You may have a Gallery or Portfolio page found at which contains up to five photos of your work, and any contact info, biography and artist statement that you chose to put on your Gallery page. [Members can request a Gallery / Portfolio page at:: https://www.ottawaguildofpotters.ca/portfolio/ ]
- You will be entering information on your Virtual Exhibition Application Form (e.g. name, contact info, artist statement) along with information about your items (e.g. title, description, method) and item photos.
These are all completely separate areas of the web site. Information is NOT shared between them. There is NO sharing of text or photos between your Gallery Portfolio page, your Account Profile and Virtual Exhibition Application Form.
The 2020 Virtual Exhibition will make use of all three areas.