NOTICE: Celebrating Clay is suspended at the current time.
The Ottawa Guild of Potters holds exhibitions at Galerie Côté Créations throughout the year. Each exhibition lasts two months: Jan/Feb, March/April, May/June, July/August, Sept/Oct, Nov/Dec. Deadline for submissions is the 20th of the preceding month.
The Exhibitions Committee encourages all members to submit work for our CELEBRATING CLAY group exhibitions, or FOCUS ON, which is our solo, or 2 - 3 person exhibitions.
Calls for Entries & Artist's Agreements:
- Celebrating Clay - Call for Entries
- Celebrating Clay - Artist's Agreement
- FOCUS ON - Call for Entries
- FOCUS ON - Artist's Agreement
Submissions are accepted by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include as attachments:
- One image of each submitted piece in .jpg format. Photo title to include the artist name and the name of the piece (for example: bernardleach_pitcher.jpg). Photo no larger than 2 MB. Photo should be taken against a white matte background. Maximum of three pieces per submission
- Your next attachment to include a short biography and/or artist statement, a brief description of the work, including: materials, processes used, firing temperature, dimensions and price. An artist photo may be included. These attachments will be included in the exhibition binder.
Midnight, of the month preceding the start of the show is the deadline for new submissions! Submissions arriving after the deadline will not be considered.
Last day of the month prior to opening: Selected pieces should be delivered to the Gallery (open Tues – Fri: 12 – 6 pm; Sat – Sun: 11 – 5 pm; closed Mondays). Please bring completed Artist's Agreement, Fee as per Artist's Agreement (Celebrating Clay: $25 ~ Focus On: $100 or $200), and printed copies of your Artist Bio and/or Statement to be inserted in Exhibition binder. A podium label (available on site) should be completed for each piece.
First Sunday of the opening month: 3 – 5 pm Vernissage. Exhibitors should be present, and are invited to participate in the Artists' Talk, starting at 4 pm.
The piece(s) will be available for sale. Prices in the Gallery include all taxes, so artists should price their works accordingly.
The Gallery charges a 35% commission fee on any sale. If the purchaser uses Square, the applicable Square fees will be charged to the artist.
Artists whose work is sold will be paid at the end of each month by cheque to be picked up at the Gallery, or at Guild meeting.
Jurying decisions made by the Exhibitions Committee shall be final.
Neither Galerie Côté Créations nor the Ottawa Guild of Potters assume any liability for lost or damaged ceramic works
For further information please email the Guild's Exhibition Committee at email@example.com .