Membership is open all-year round to everyone interested in the clay arts.
For more than 40 years the Ottawa Guild of Potters has connected clay enthusiasts of all levels and interest.
The Guild celebrates our diverse community and welcomes everyone with an interest in making ceramics. Being inclusive allows us all to connect, belong and be creative.
What is a Guild?
A Guild is an association of craftspeople or artisans that is formed to share a common interest.
Benefits & Opportunities of Membership
- Library containing extensive resources including magazine subscriptions and DVDs;
- Workshops on different techniques which are taught by the very best practitioner of that method of working, usually a craftsman of local, national or international status;
- Guest speakers at monthly meetings
Marketing & Sales
- Opportunity to sell your work twice a year; spring & fall, at the Horticulture Building (Lansdowne Park)
- Opportunity to showcase their work: in Guild Exhibitions; and in the Members’ Gallery on the website;
- The Guild is engaged in social networking with Facebook and Twitter
- Opportunity to meet with knowledgeable and friendly members at the monthly meetings;
- Opportunity to access a strong knowledge base that offers support and guidance on any topic related to ceramics, using the email discussion list;
- Opportunity to share notices and invitations to openings and events among the membership using the email broadcast list, website, Facebook and Twitter.
Payments to the Guild
Payments to the Guild can be made by cheque or by electronic funds transfer.
For electronic funds transfer (EFT):
- Use your financial institution's online or mobile banking and navigate to their “Interac e-Transfer Send Money” screen.
- Use “Ottawa Guild of Potters” as contact name and "firstname.lastname@example.org" as contact e-mail.
- NOTE: The Guild only supports “Interac e-Transfer Send Money” for EFT and does NOT support the use of any other electronic funds transfer (e.g. no Paypal)
For payment by cheque:
- Please make cheque payable to "The Ottawa Guild of Potters"
- Mail cheque to:
The Ottawa Guild of Potters;
PO Box 14013 Glebe RPO;
Ottawa, ON K1S 3T2