This section contains information and links that may be of help in selling your works.
You'll find: Events, Associations / Organizations, Museums / Galleries and Retail Shops. There is also a section with ideas on setting yourself up for Online Selling.
- Arts Ottawa East
- Canadian Crafts Federation
- Fusion: The Ontario Clay & Glass Association
- National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts
- Craft Ontario
- Ottawa Pottery.com A one stop web resource for makers and collectors of Ceramic Art in the National Capital Region.
Selling Your Work Online
There are several ways to go when selling your works online:
- use a craft platform like Etsy, or
- use a simple selling platform like Facebook Marketplace, or
- use a fuller functioned shopping platform like Square or Shopify, or
- you can go it alone with your own website (e.g. using Wix, GoDaddy or WordPress)
You can also make use the Guild’s “Member’s Portfolio & Gallery” feature and:
- let folk know that they can email you if they want to purchase any of the works you have posted on your page,
- include links to any of the web sales sites mentioned above that you have built,
- prepare a PDF sales brochure and include an invitation for folk to contact you to request it ,
- If you are willing to do online chat video exhibitions of your works (e.g. via Zoom, Skype), consider adding a note to your Gallery page inviting folk to email you to schedule an e-tour.
Fine Print: The Guild is not responsible for, nor will it provide support for, whatever Virtual Tours or Online Shopping technology you may choose to use.
Further reading ....